This template call option agreement is a legally-binding agreement between two parties, the buyer and the seller, governing the terms of a call option. The buyer of the call option has the right (but not the obligation) to buy an agreed quantity of a particular commodity or security, for example shares in a company, from the seller of the option within a certain time frame, for a certain price. The seller is obligated to sell the predefined commodities or securities should the buyer decide to exercise the call option.
This call option agreement template, which is available for instant download (no need to sign-up), covers the standard terms of a call option, for example the option period, quantity and price of shares or security, and consideration for the call option, as well as a number of detailed additional clauses, for example the provision to exercise parts of the call option over time (rather than all in one go), specific closing terms, and warranties upon which the call option is being agreed. The template is designed to be editable and expandable easily should you need to edit or add terms based on your own specific requirements.
Contents of the Call Option Agreement Template
- Title, date, parties, recitals
- Definitions and interpretation
- Call option particulars, including the granting of rights, consideration and price, quantity, an option to stipulate specific conditions precedent, partial exercising, and closing
- Representations and warranties, for example a warranty that the seller has the right to sell the shares, and that representations and warranties provided will be fulfilled down to the closing date
- Miscellaneous, for example methods of notice, statement of entire understanding, waiver, enforceability, and jurisdiction
FREE Sample of the Call Option Agreement Template
Download a FREE sample of this call option agreement template to check that it is what you are looking for before buying.