This template director service agreement is similar to an employee contract of employment and is drafted in accordance with the Employment Rights Act. It should be used for the employment of a director in a company. This detailed 11-page template, which can be downloaded immediately (no need to sign up), covers the full range of basics, for example job title, hours of work, and remuneration, as well as a number of more descriptive aspects of the contract, for example the duties that the director is expected to undertake, absence from work for various reasons, and termination.
This template also covers a range of extended obligations on the part of the director (making this contract different to a standard contract of employment), for example how outside interests should be limited, restrictions following termination, a strict ethics code to cover conflicts of interest, locking down intellectual property and confidential information to the company, and a number of other ‘good practice’ provisions. The template is designed to allow existing clauses to be chopped and changed easily, as well as new items to be inserted, according to your specific requirements.
The director service agreement template is one of our most popular products, having been downloaded over a thousand times since the start of 2015.
Contents of the Director Service Agreement Template
- Title, date, parties
- Definitions and interpretation
- Place of work
- Duration, including commencement date and (optionally) an initial probationary period
- Outside interests, for example restrictions on other employment or work, including significant ownership of securities that cause a conflict of interest
- Salary and payments
- Hours of work, for example usual office hours and requirement for flexibility
- Duties, including obligation for using reasonable diligence, role as a director, and observation of policies and procedures
- Holiday, for example amount, holiday year and carry-over, public holidays, and planning
- Health and safety
- Absence and sickness, such as expectations during sick leave, and provisions for other types of leave
- Medical examinations
- Ethics, in line with anti-bribery guidelines, covering a director’s behaviour
- Confidentiality, preventing the director from disclosing confidential information
- Intellectual property, detailing very specific rules covering the ownership of intellectual property, and patent registration
- Staff records
- Security and property, including conduct during the use of company equipment and physical access rights
- Notice and termination, for example reasons for termination of the contract and the effect of termination
- Restrictions, for example non-solicitation or poaching staff after termination
- Pension, covering automatic enrollment in to a pension scheme
- Miscellaneous, such as methods of notice, statement of entire understanding, waiver, enforceability, and jurisdiction
FREE Sample of the Director Service Agreement Template
Download a FREE sample of this director service agreement template to check that it is what you are looking for before buying.