This template master services agreement (similar to a consultant or contractor agreement) is a legally-binding agreement between a client and a supplier, governing the contractual relationship between the two parties and providing a framework for the supply of services. This type of agreement is useful for a relationship between a client and supplier where services are ordered from time to time or continuously, for example when a company hires a web design firm for one or more projects, or for example when a company hires a freelance consultant for a particular purpose.
The template master services agreement details the general framework, for example what type of services will be supplied, who owns the intellectual property from the work, and how acceptance of deliverables and fees are determined. The contract also stipulates which party accepts which liabilities, rules around subcontracting, termination, and many ‘good practice’ clauses for maintaining a solid client-supplier relationship. Like any typical master services agreement, this template includes a separate schedule which can be reused for each project or piece of work. This structure allows the flexibility to have either one or multiple projects or pieces of work tied under the same master agreement. This detailed 12-page template, which can be downloaded immediately without the need to sign up, is designed to be expandable and easily editable based on individual requirements.
Contents of the Master Services Agreement Template
- Title, date, parties, recitals
- Definitions and interpretation, defining a range of terms such as deliverables, intellectual property, milestones and services
- Term, specifying how long the agreement will remain in effect
- Services, for example the services and how they will be ordered by the client then rendered by the supplier
- Intellectual property, including who will own what
- Acceptance of deliverables, defining what is required for acceptance and how to handle discrepancies
- Fees, expenses and payment, for example the fee structure and credit terms
- Confidentiality, preventing either party from revealing confidential information shared as part of the services arrangement
- Representations and warranties
- Liability, for example limitations to each party’s liabilities
- Termination and termination consequences
- Force majeure
- Assignment and subcontracting, providing the terms under which the supplier may subcontract
- Miscellaneous, for example methods of notice, statement of entire understanding, waiver, enforceability, and jurisdiction
- Schedule – Project schedule, a per-project agreement, linked to the master services agreement, which can be reused for each project or piece of work
FREE Sample of the Master Services Agreement Template
Download a FREE sample of this master services agreement template to check that it is what you are looking for before buying.