This template non-disclosure agreement (also known as a confidentiality agreement) is an agreement between at least two parties, either people or companies, outlining the terms upon which the parties may exchange confidential information, material, or knowledge and keep them confidential. This agreement creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets from being revealed to a third party.
This detailed template non-disclosure agreement, which can be instantly downloaded (no need to sign up), is mutual and therefore protects all parties equally. The template may also be used to retroactively agree on non-disclosure (i.e. binding parties to non-disclosure even if confidential information was disclosed before the agreement was signed). This template document contains a range of detailed clauses and tight restrictions, and is easily edited or expanded for your individual requirements.
Contents of the Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
- Title, date, parties, recitals
- Definitions and interpretation, including a thorough definition of confidential information
- Restrictions on disclosure, for example specifying in detail the restrictions imposed by the non-disclosure agreement and how each party must behave
- Notification of disclosure, for example under what circumstances one party must notify the other that confidential information was accidentally or forcibly disclosed
- Return of designated information, covering the return or deletion of confidential information
- Termination of obligations, specifying the duration of non-disclosure obligations
- Property of designated information, clarifying the ownership of confidential information
- Non assignment
- Miscellaneous, for example methods of notice, statement of entire understanding, waiver, enforceability, and jurisdiction
FREE Sample of the Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
Download a FREE sample of this non-disclosure agreement template to check that it is what you are looking for before buying.